Software Engineer | One Open Position
The Daniel Group believes excellent customer experiences should be the norm, and employees should be eager to come to work each day. Our software-as-a-service web application enables our clients to perform customer surveys, receive alerts, and analyze results to help them measure, manage, and improve their business. Our clients include Fortune 500 and mid-sized B2B companies in North America, primarily in the industrial, construction, and transportation sectors. The Daniel Group is a privately held company founded in 1989 and is based in Charlotte, NC, with over 70 total employees (and growing). For more details about us, visit www.thedanielgroup.com.
Our clients want faster, easier access to their customer feedback data and related insights and actions. This means our software-as-a-service web application must become ever-easier to use, and more powerful, faster, and reliable. As a customer experience software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our customer feedback platform. You will be a key member of a small, highly focused software engineering team who works closely with our product team to rapidly build new capabilities, while improving system performance, reliability, and architecture over time.
Design & Build
*Note: below are key areas of focus for our software engineering efforts; your actual design/build assignments may vary from the list below
- Existing Feedback Capabilities. Design and implement enhancements to our existing telephone and email survey functionality
- New Capabilities. Build new, digital customer feedback capabilities: e.g. text (SMS) surveys; survey/polling API, which can be embedded in our client’s websites and software applications
- Real-Time Notifications. Improve our real-time notifications to clients, regarding feedback from their customers
- Reporting and Analytics. Improve our ability to display and analyze feedback results, e.g. upgrades to our client dashboard, reporting, and analytics capabilities
- Application Integration. API and custom integrations to feed survey results back into our clients’ CRM and other business applications
Support & Maintain
- Contribute to our application support efforts, including time-sensitive issue resolution
- Help us raise the bar for code quality and best practices
- Improve fundamental product architecture over time
- Assist with software operations and infrastructure needs, as they arise
- The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience: enough experience to know what good software looks like and produce it, but still open to new ideas and new technology
- Exceptionally curious, driven, and determined to succeed and grow
- Genuine passion for delivering better customer and user experiences
- Self-directed. You will have significant contact with various team members, but the role will be very independent, with minimal required meetings and bureaucratic overhead
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with software-as-a-service web applications is preferred but not required
- Front-end UI/UX competence is a plus, e.g. HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, other UI frameworks
- Charlotte, NC
- Flexible work-from-home / onsite: typical week is three days offsite, two days onsite (Note: we are currently 100% remote due to Covid-related precautions)
- Healthcare insurance coverage
- Life and Disability insurance coverage
- Retirement plans
- Paid time-off
Trusted by B2B businesses
We work with manufacturers, service companies and value-added resellers to understand the customer’s view at every part of the chain.